Thursday 24 May 2018
- Introduction Welcome to Dirty Water Records. This policy explains how we handle and use your personal information and your rights in relation to that information.
We do not and will not knowingly collect information from any person under the age of 18. If you are under the age of 18, you must not use the site or submit any personal information. Due to the nature of some of our products, you must be 18 or over to use and shop on our Site.
- Personal information we collect about you We receive personal information about you that you give to us and that we collect from your visits to our stores, site, Apps and social media pages. We only collect personal information which we need and that is relevant for the purposes for which we intend to use it.
We collect the following information if you choose to give it to us in connection with your account registration on our Site, Apps, social media pages or in store, your purchases or general enquiries, when exercising your legal rights or by corresponding with us by phone, email or other means and is provided by you entirely voluntarily. The information you give to us can include your name, contact details (such as phone number, email address and postal address), enquiry details, your opinion of our products and services and certain marketing preferences. There are some circumstances where we need the information (pursuant to our contract with you), for example, where you have placed an order with us, we need to know where to deliver your order and to be able to take payment from you. If you don’t provide us with this information we may not be able to provide our services to you or be able to interact with you in the way you would expect.
- Use of your personal information We use your personal information for a variety of reasons. We rely on different legal grounds to process your personal information, depending on the purposes of our use and the risks to your privacy. You will only receive unsolicited email and SMS marketing communications from us if: (a) we have obtained your details in the course of a sale or negotiation for a sale of our products or Party Plan services and you have not objected to receiving such direct email and SMS marketing from us. Of course, we will only send you marketing emails and SMS messages that are based on similar products or services that you purchased from us and you will always have the opportunity to opt out at any time; or (b) if you have consented to receiving marketing email and SMS messages from us (you can opt-out of receiving them at any time). We do not share your personal information with companies that would send their marketing to you.
We use your personal information in the following ways:
3.1 Where you have provided CONSENT We may use and process your personal information for the following purposes where you have consented for us to do so:
to contact you via email or SMS (as you have indicated) with marketing information about our products, events, product launches, exciting offers and services (see Marketing for further details).
3.2 Where necessary to comply with our LEGAL OBLIGATIONS We will use your personal information to comply with our legal obligations:
to keep a record relating the exercise of any of your rights relating to our processing of your personal information; to take any actions in relation to health and safety incidents required by law; and to handle and resolve any complaints we receive relating to the services and products we provide.
3.3 Where necessary for us to pursue a LEGITIMATE INTEREST We may use and process your personal information where it is necessary for us to pursue our legitimate interests as a business for the following purposes:
Processing necessary for us to promote our business, brands and products and measure the reach and effectiveness of our campaigns for analysis and insight conducted to inform our marketing strategies, and to enhance your visitor experience; to tailor and personalise our marketing communications based on your attributes, for example, by sending you a birthday treat message; to fulfil and complete your orders, purchases and other transactions entered into with us;
to respond to correspondence you send to us and fulfil the requests you make to us. Processing necessary for us to respond to changing market conditions and the needs of our customers
to analyse, evaluate and improve our products and services so that your visit and use of our Site, Apps, party plan services, social media pages and stores are more useful and enjoyable (we will generally use data amalgamated from many people so that it does not identify you personally); to undertake market analysis and research (including contacting you with customer surveys) so that we can better understand you as a customer; for product development purposes. Processing necessary for us to operate the administrative and technical aspects of our business efficiently and effectively
to administer our Site, Apps and our social media pages and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, testing, statistical purposes; for the prevention of fraud and other criminal activities; to verify the accuracy of data that we hold about you and create a better understanding of you as an account holder or visitor; for network and information security in order for us to take steps to protect your information against loss or damage, theft or unauthorised access; to comply with a request from you in connection with the exercise of your rights (for example where you have asked us not to contact you for marketing purposes, we will keep a record of this on our suppression lists in order to be able to comply with your request); for the purposes of corporate restructure or reorganisation or sale of our business or assets; for efficiency, accuracy or other improvements of our databases and systems, for example, by combining systems or consolidating records we hold about you; to enforce or protect our contractual or other legal rights or to bring or defend legal proceedings; to inform you of updates to our terms and conditions and policies; and for other general administration including managing your queries, complaints, or claims, and to send service messages to you.
3.4 Where necessary for us to carry out PRE-CONTRACT STEPS you have requested or for the performance of our CONTRACT We will use your personal information where this is necessary for us to perform our contract with you or to carry out any pre-contract steps you’ve asked us to so that you can enter into that contract, for the following purposes:
to fulfil your party plan event requirements; to process, fulfil and complete your orders, purchases and other transactions entered into with us and deliver your order and deliver your order; to process your payment card or bank details when taking payment for your orders or when providing a refund; and to run our competitions and promotions that you enter from time to time and to distribute prizes. 3.5 Where processing is in your VITAL INTERESTS We will use your personal information where this is in your vital interest for the following purposes:
to notify you of any product recall issues. Marketing communications: If we have requested your consent and you give your consent, we may use your personal information to contact you by email or SMS (as you indicate) to send you newsletters or to notify you of special offers, promotions, competitions or new products and services. We try to adapt any marketing material that we send to you for example by notifying you of special offers or promotions that will be of relevance to you, apply to your interests and in your location (we do this by monitoring your browsing and online shopping habits and providing information on products you have viewed and related products). If you do not wish to receive email communications from us, please inform us by using the unsubscribe link inside the email or code within the SMS, by sending an email to email@example.com or by changing your profile settings from within your account.
If you opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us, we keep your email address on our suppression list indefinitely to ensure that we comply with your wishes. Please see further The periods for which we retain your personal information.
- Disclosure of your personal information by us We only disclose your personal information outside our business in limited circumstances. If we do, we will put in place a contract that requires recipients to protect your personal information, unless we are legally required to share that information. Any contractors or recipients that work for us will be obliged to follow our instructions. We do not sell your personal information to third parties.
Transfers of your personal information outside of Europe We will never transfer your personal information outside of Europe or, indeed, outside of our UK-based company.
Security and links to other websites
We take the security of your personal information seriously and use a variety of measures based on good industry practice to keep it secure. Nonetheless, transmissions over the internet and to our site, Apps and our social media pages may not be completely secure, so please exercise caution. When accessing links to other websites, their privacy policies, not ours, will apply to your personal information.
- The periods for which we retain your personal information We will not hold your personal information in an identifiable format for any longer than is necessary for the purposes for which we collected it. For certain purposes we retain your personal information indefinitely (e.g. to supress marketing messages) whilst for others we retain it for a period of 7 years after the information is no longer required for business reasons so that we can deal with any legal proceedings that could arise.
- Your rights in relation to your personal information You have a number of rights in relation to your personal information under data protection law. In relation to certain rights, we may ask you for information to verify your identity and, where applicable, to help us to search for your personal information. Except in rare cases, we will respond to you within 30 days after we have received this information or, where no such information is required, after we have received full details of your request.
You have the following rights, some of which may only apply in certain circumstances.
✓ TO HAVE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION CORRECTED IF IT IS INACCURATE AND TO HAVE INCOMPLETE PERSONAL INFORMATION COMPLETED;
✓ TO OBJECT TO PROCESSING OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION;
✓ TO WITHDRAW YOUR CONSENT TO PROCESSING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION;
✓ TO RESTRICT PROCESSING OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION;
✓ TO HAVE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION ERASED;
✓ TO REQUEST ACCESS TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION AND INFORMATION ABOUT HOW WE PROCESS IT;
✓ TO ELECTRONICALLY MOVE, COPY OR TRANSFER YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION IN A STANDARD, MACHINE-READABLE FORM; AND
✓ RIGHTS RELATING TO AUTOMATED DECISION MAKING, INCLUDING PROFILING.
Contact and legal information You can contact us with your queries in relation to this policy or for any other reason by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.